By Miles Watson
July 22 – 25
Audio: Looperman; l-2669292-0285166-war-cello-1; and l-4583363-0288019-pianopad-lil-mosey-ferraprod
- Purchase link: http://mybook.to/Amazon_DeusEx
- Genre: Political fantasy
- Print length: 72 pages
- Age range: This is an adult book but suitable for mature teens age 16+
- Trigger warnings: Graphic violence, homicide, suicide
- Formats available for the Tour: all standard electronic formats (sorry, no paperbacks)
- Amazon Rating: New Book, not yet rated
About Deus Ex
Many men dream of becoming gods. Magnus Antonius Magnus achieved this dream, conquering half the globe and ruling it with an iron fist. Now, however, he is learning a painful lesson: gods, like men, can go too far. They can blunder. They can even fall. But does the story of Magnus end with the destruction of his empire…or is that where it begins?
Praise for Deus Ex
Miles Watson always surprises, never disappoints. He is an author who cannot be seduced by the easy answers, and never lets his reader off the hook. This brief novella is a timely exploration of the psychology of power and the humanity of the tyrant.
Power has a price. Absolute power costs everything.
Set in a possible future or an alternative present, it shows us the dying days of the most powerful empire even known… any empire, any dictatorship, it doesn’t matter. Out of a believable, gripping story, whose characters are each unique and perfectly realised in flesh and blood, Miles Watson draws out the thread of universal dilemmas, universal nightmares. Most chillingly, he pulled me into the mind of the tyrant, made me see the world through those eyes. The ending offers no easy resolutions. There are none: the end of history is not quite in sight. Amazon Review
About the Author
Miles Watson is one of the most successful independent writers of his generation. He holds undergraduate degrees in Criminal Justice and History and a Masters of Fine Arts in Writing Popular Fiction, and served in law enforcement for nearly ten years before moving to Los Angeles, where he has worked on over 200 episodes of television and half a dozen feature films. But his first and last passion is writing. His various works have won the following:
- CAGE LIFE – Shelf Unbound Best Indie Book Runner Up (2016): Zealot Script Magazine “Book of the Year” (2017); Best Indie Book Award – Mystery & Suspense (2018)
- KNUCKLE DOWN – Writer’s Digest S.P.B.A. Honorable Mention (2019); Best Indie Book Award – Suspense (2019)
- DEVILS YOU KNOW – Eric Hoffer Award for Excellence in Independent Publishing Finalist (2019)
- THE NUMBERS GAME – Pinnacle Book Achievement Award – Novella – (2019)
- NOSFERATU – Pinnacle Book Achievement Award – Novella – (2020)
- SINNER’S CROSS – Best Indie Book Award – Historical Fiction – (2019); Book Excellence Award – Action (2020); Literary Titan Book Award – Gold Medal (2020); Independent Author Network Book of the Year Awards – Finalist (2020); Readers Favorite Five Stars (2021)
Reviewers – please complete the form below if you would like to take part in this Tour, July 22 – 25
Existing reviewers (from Black Coffee, Blackthorn or Coffee and Thorn Tours)… You need only complete the short form below and click “join tour” – you will immediately be emailed a link to the tour materials.
New reviewers… Please also complete the additional details below. We will get back to you within 24 hours.