By Sara Staggs
May 19 – 22
If you would be interested in joining this tour as a reviewer, please contact us using the SIGN-UP FORM at the end of the page.
- Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Uncontrollable-Sara-Staggs/dp/1685132014
- Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/122634071-uncontrollable
- Genre: Contemporary fiction; medical fiction
- Print length: 308 pages
- Age range: This is an adult book but suitable for mature teens aged 16+
- Trigger warnings: covers serious mental health issues (anxiety and depression), and includes a scene of brief suicidal ideation
- Formats available for the tour: standard electronic formats (sorry, no paperbacks)
- Amazon Rating: New book, not yet published; Readers Favorite 5 star review
At 36-years-old, Casey Scott appears to have it all: a booming career as a civil rights litigator, a loving husband, and two sweet young children. But she also has epilepsy, and her worsening seizures threaten to destroy the life she toiled to build.
When her doctor says she is likely to die if her seizures are not controlled, Casey is at a crossroads: will she choose her career and lifelong aspirations, or her family and health?
The decisions she makes affect her marriage, children, and future in ways she could never expect.
Told by Casey and her husband, Uncontrollable is an emotional roller coaster that examines both what happens when the life we may be forced to live is not the life we planned to live, and the compromises we make to survive in the face of adversity.
Praise for uncontrollable
“UNCONTROLLABLE is UN-PUT-DOWN-ABLE…A brave and harrowing novel that will sweep readers up, UNCONTROLLABLE reminds us all that life and love are so often founded on a fragile, but persistent courage. A touching, hopeful read that tackles tough subject matter with a skilled and confident hand.” —Alisa Kennedy Jones, bestselling author of Gotham Girl Interrupted: My Misadventures with Motherhood, Love, and Epilepsy.
“Sara Staggs does a wonderful job of creating a believable story with a powerful protagonist…It is almost a coming-of-age story that will be loved by many.” Readers’ Favorite
“Sara Staggs has created a compelling story that tackles complex themes with sensitivty and nuance…Well written, incredibly interesting, raw and unique, Uncontrollable is a book readers are not likely to forget.” Pacific Book Review
About the Author
Sara Stagg writes: “I write fiction and creative nonfiction. I have been published in several literary journals, the BrainAblaze blog, and the Huffington Post. I attended the Yale Writer’s Workshop, and won the Globe Soup 2021 Summer Fiction contest.
My debut novel Uncontrollable is coming out in May 2023.
I practiced civil rights litigation and have always loved writing. I can be found exploring the outdoors, reading, bike riding, and (of course) writing anything and everything. I live in Portland, Oregon, with my husband and two children.”
- Twitter: @SaraStaggs
- Instagram: @sarastaggswrites
- Website: https://sarastaggswrites.com/
- Amazon page:
Reviewers – please complete the form below if you would like to take part in this Tour, May 19 -22